Sunday, April 17, 2011

Everything is bigger in Montana

We went to Montana this past week to visit Grandma and Grandpa. We had a good time! And I climbed up to 172 lbs. from 167! Oof.

I'm finding that weight control is indeed a matter of self control and discipline. I've tried an experiment the last couple weeks where I don't adhere strictly to counting calories or following a particular diet plan. Instead I have been eating (mostly) healthy foods but not paying attention to portion sizes or times of day. This hasn't work well for me for weight loss. Evidently I eat more than I think, and end up holding steady or gaining slightly.

So, it looks like my best strategy for losing weight is to have a strict plan that I adhere to. Sounds obvious, yes. I suppose that most prescriptions are obvious.

3 comments:

  1. I totally cut out sugar for three months and lost...zero pounds. You can exercise feverishly and lose......zero pounds. The only way to lose weight is to count calories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The depressing thing.....? Do we have to count calories for the rest of our lives? or what?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to make you feel worse-- but you also made us in Montana gain weight while you were here... probably some sort of calorie transference. Or maybe we just weigh more because the air is thinner? Heavy isotopes and heavy metals released from Japan's reactor? We ate out a lot more in the cooler weather? Shouldn't have gotten that quessadiller for lunch Thurs? Love Dad

    ReplyDelete